Whilst this blog is new, I'm not exactly new to sewing - I've done bits and bobs since I was four, and starting cross stitching properly not long after my 18th birthday. So I figured I'd post some of my finishes so far - otherwise it looks like I'm a complete newbie - and then also some WIPs so you can see as I start to finish things off. So, I'm starting with the finishes.
Down the left of this post, you can see how it all began. I found these tiny kits in Hobbycraft and frankly, they're great bitesized little kits that you can more or less get done in an afternoon or so. They're fun and also function as a great stocking filler. I've done a couple more of these than are shown, but those have ended up as gifts to people, so aren't shown here.
I absolutely love Tatty Teddy, so when I was just getting started, the Tatty Teddy kits were the ones I looked for straight away. This wasn't my first finish, but it was the first thing I sewed that took me more than an afternoon to do. Not entirely sure how to finish it, though, so any suggestions, please let me know!
Next! This Lickle Ted kit came with a magazine, and it's very, very cute. I had originally intended to finish it as a card, but the card frame it came with was particularly flimsy, so I decided against it. I might see if I can get a small frame to hang it in instead, because it'd be a shame not to have it finished somehow.
This Eeyore kit arrived in my stocking Christmas 2011. The actual fabric in the kit was about 12 times the size of the actual finished piece, which is about a square inch and a half, but it's also very cute and a gorgeous range of colours. I have a few mini frames that would probably be the perfect size for this, so I'll probably finish it that way, but as always, any other suggestsions, let me know and I'll consider them!
The last two of my previous finishes are at the bottom of the post because Blogspot's image manoeuvering is a bastard to deal with. The first of these is the pride and joy of my finished stitching collection - a portrait of Richard Armitage. It took about two months to do in total, and despite only using about 14 colours or so, it came out perfectly. That said, by the time I finished it, I never wanted to see another shade of gray again... I'm still intensely proud of it, though, and hopefully I'll manage to get it signed by the man himself at some point.
The second at the bottom is one of my most recent finishes - a needlecase from Textile Heritage's Victorian Lavender collection. It's simple yet beautiful, and was fairly easy to piece together in the end. I love the purples - they work so well together, and purple's my favourite colour ever, so it was fairly pleasant to work on as well, and not too big (though it took a lot longer than it looked like it should because the borders took a while considering, and I kept forgetting bits, so I kept having to go back and add bits that I'd forgotten... So that was fun. It's finished using cardboard to stiffen it and felt in the interior, with a tassel to look nice and tassel-y.
So that's my finishes so far, and I'll hopefully have more things to show off soon. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy my blog and my sewing :)