Wednesday 1 January 2014

TUSAL: Post 1 and Theme-a-licious: Jardin January

So today's check in is going to be quite brief because I'm tired (from stitching my New Year, New Mira starts!) and I've been busy watching Sherlock (which is REALLY good). But I'm doing it nonetheless!

TUSAL
The Totally Useless Stitch-Along, if you haven't heard of it, really is totally pointless. You collect the tails from your threads (ORTs = old raggedy threads) simply because you can. There's a link in my sidebar. I haven't really had much time to accumulate ORTs this year, so my jar is a bit empty. However, I thought I'd photograph my system anyway:


Left: Last year's ORT bucket. There's quite a lot packed in there, from a LOT of different projects. I could probably do a post just about this.
Middle: The monthly ORT bucket. This is where I'll put my threads since the last TUSAL post. It's transparent, too, so you get a better idea of how much is actually in there (and I've put a couple in already - but I'm not telling until the next check-in!).
Right: The 2014 ORT bucket. This is where I'll deposit my threads after they've been posted about.

Theme-a-licious
Theme-a-licious is the monthly SAL where I have to try and make something I own fit the theme. The theme for this month is Jardin January.

I actually have quite a few gardeny pieces, but my main plan for this month is to get some stitches into my AAN "An Important Flower" that I started for a Facebook SAL in August last year. Given my 10 new starts, I'm not sure if this month will be terribly productive.

...and other stuff.
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it) and are looking forward to 2014 with all its stitching potential. I got a few new stitchy things that excite me greatly and I can't wait to share them with you all.

Last of all, I can't wait to show you my new starts over the next month. I have a feeling 2014 is going to be a good year! :)

Happy stitching :)

Heather xx

No comments:

Post a Comment