Friday 10 January 2014

Turtle Trot: Post 1 and New Stuff

It's only 10 days in to 2014 and I fear I may have already exhausted my stitchy bug. With my new start every day I think I need to take a break from stitching for a couple of days! So I guess it's quite fortunate that, to pass the time, it's time for the first Turtle Trot SAL post for the year. I've also got my Christmas goodies to show off, along with a few post-Christmas purchases.

Turtle Trot
Turtle Trot is the stitch-a-long where I hope that some of the pieces I've chosen might get done eventually. As this is the first post, I'll tell you what my ten choices are and show you where I am right now...

1: Millenium Angel by Mirabilia Designs

2: Red by Mirabilia Designs

3: Happy Halloween 2012 by Kit & Bixby
 

4: Paperwork by Kats by Kelly (the photo is on its side!)

5: Fairy Day Celebration 2013 by Passione Ricamo

6: Steampunk Cameo by Jodyri Designs

7: Butterfly Scroll by Dimensions
 

8: The Guardian by Teresa Wentzler
 
9: Lots of Love by Anchor

10: Holly and Hearts by Lizzie*Kate
(There's no photo yet because I didn't manage to get it started on the day - I worked out too late that the fabric was so stiff it would need a preliminary wash so I had to work on a different thing instead, which waaaaaas...)

BONUS: Flowers of the Orient 3
(Part of this had been started when I got it, so not all of this is my work.)

New Stuff
So because I like stash I've managed to acquire some new stuff:
-7 needleminders (a Weeping Angel, a candy cane, two fun stitching-related ones, Pooh, Serenity, and Battlestar Galactica - some are visible in the Turtle Trot pictures, and the BSG one appeard in my YOTA post)
-New scissors
-A Weeping Angel scissor fob
-A Sagrada Familia cross stitch
-Red by Mirabilia Designs (who appears in the Turtle Trot pictures)
-A new retractable measuring tape
-A sewing basket to store my bits in downstairs

And because we all love pictures...















































































On a related note, I HATE Blogger's image layout formatting capabilities. Well, that's all from me for now.  The first WIPocalypse is coming up, so I'll be back soon!

Happy stitching!

Heather xx

1 comment:

  1. Great stitching happening!! I love your needle minders especially the weeping angels - Don't blink! :)

    ReplyDelete